Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!!

This year we decided to go to the local pumpkin farm to make our special selection.  It was so nice and there was so much for "A' to do.  We will definitely be heading back there next year.  The weather was so nice making it the perfect family outing day.  We had success with our pumpkin selection, every one was able to find a pumpkin that they liked. 

running towards the pumpkin patch.
I think she got a little overwhelmed with all of the possibilities.  She kept running from one pumpkin to the next.  


I love these pictures when it's just him and her. 
  While we were at the patch she really didn't want me taking her picture so it was a little disappointing.  I don't know why she was acting this way but hopefully she'll grow out of this quickly. 

Surprisingly she let me take her picture. 


Here it is, her pumpkin!
After you make your selection they have a hayride that takes you back and drops your pumpking off until you are ready to pay.  It really was a nice system that they had.  


So sweet, she has him so wrapped!!


We had fun too!




Corn!!!


Just horsing around. 


Punkin Chunkin!!

Corn!! This was her favorite part. 
When me and toot were walking over to the real corn I tried to explain to her how her distant family survived by growing this crop.  I told her how her great grandfather was a farmer in the midwest and this was one of the crops that he grew.  She didn't have a clue what I was talking about but she sure listened very carefully as i told the story.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...