So, I'm taking this class right now that is being taught by one of my favorite teachers at the University thus far. Her name is Mrs. Stanley and she is amazing. I've always been a fan of reading and books and getting to go the library or Books-A-Million but now since this class my love for books has reached a whole other level. My love for books has spread to having to build a huge library for my daughter. I guess I'm lucky that she has really liked books from a young age. She loves when I get new books and she just sits there and lets me read every one of them to her.
 |
| I found this saying and thought, "OMG, this is so true!" |
"A's" book collection started to get a little out of control and we had all of these books starting to stack up with no where to put them. Luckily, I remembered, we had this bookshelf in storage so the hubs went and brought it home. A little side story on the shelf, the hubs actually built this shelf with his own two hands. Back in the day when he was in high school, he took a wood working class and built it. It doesn't have a single nail in it and it's sturdy as a rock. I love stuff like this!! I'm also one lucky lady that he is so talented. He doesn't know it yet but I have so many things that I'm going to have him build for me one day when we have a house. Poor guy!!
 |
| This is the book that I did my first "read aloud" on. It's such a cute story! |
 |
| Toot loves Dr. Seuss, especially Hop on Pop and ABC!! |
Since taking these pictures, I have added about 20 more books to this shelf. I told you I have a problem!! Between her birthday and then just because, I have found reasons to buy more. Have you ever heard of "Fancy Nancy"? It's a super cute series that every little girl needs to have in her collection. I also have added several Christmas stories to her collection so that we can get geared up for the holidays. I love books that go along with Christmas songs. We have been working on "Joy to the World" which "A" can hum, "The Twelve Day of Christmas" "Frosty the Snowman" and "Jingle Bells." Now get out there and buy some books!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment