Thursday, November 4, 2010

1 year old!!

Well we did it, we made it through our first year!!  It's crazy how quickly it went.  I can remember everything about that day, like it literally was yesterday.  Hubs and I have really discovered some things about ourselves that we didn't know were possible such as, being able to function on such little sleep.  For those that don't know Hubs and I love one thing and that is SLEEP.  Once you have a child though, that all flies out the window.  Patiences, that's another good word.  A tries ours everyday.  Here lately I like to call A, "Little, but mighty!"  She has no fear, refuses to listen to the word "no" and won't give up when she wants something.  Unfortunately, I'm afraid, A has inherited my stubborn side so I fear this is where some of this is coming from. 

She's such a little person.  I catch myself staring at her thinking my gosh you have changed.  She follows Hubs & I where ever we go.  She walks, blows kisses, tries so hard to say whatever we are saying, dances and sings, kicks her legs to the beat of the music, & runs from you when your going after her.  But most importantly she makes us smile and laugh on a regular basis!  I catch myself thanking God all the time for such a little miracle. 

I ended up making cupcakes for A's actual birthday.  Hubs wanted her to be able to blow out a candle and have something sweet for the actual day.  So the following pictures are her first attempt at blowing out the candle and taring into something sweet.  Her birthday fell on a Tuesday and so we were going to have her party that Saturday at the park. Well unfortunately that didn't work out like it was suppose to.  A day before her party we ended up having to call it off because A somehow got salmonella poisoning.  We still are unsure as to how she got it but after talking to the Health Dept. we figure that it came from outside.  I guess when you go to the hospital and they find out you have something like this, they have to report it.  So almost a week later the Health Dept. contacted us, which I thought was really nice, to find out how A was doing.  The lady explained that several cases had been reported lately and it was probably because it had been so dry in our area.  Something to do with salmonella being in the ground and you tracking it in on your feet.  With A putting everything in her mouth lately she could have picked something up off of the floor and when she stuck it in her mouth, caught it.  Hopefully we will NEVER have to go through that ever again. 


A did a really good job with destroying her cupcake, but when it came to her birthday cake she really didn't know what to do.  You'll get to see these pictures soon. 


She kept reaching for the flame so I have to help her focus. :)


 She kept staring at us like, "When are you going to take it away? You've never let me do anything like this before."
She ate several bites but then just wanted to see how small she could get all the pieces.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...