Saturday, June 19, 2010

On the go... We're crawling!!

1 week after A turned 7 months old she started crawling and hasn't stopped since!  We were all just sitting around watching TV and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something.  So I slowly started to look down and low and behold she did it.  At first I kinda was like, "Did that just happen?"  So I just watched her silently hoping that she might do it again.  Sure enough she started to crawl.  In the beginning it was very slow and unsteady.  She would kinda wobble here and there but with some effort she would slowly move her hands and then legs, one by one, forward!  So after I was certain I told Mom and Hubs to watch her because she just crawled.  Well of course she didn't want to do it again so with a little coaxing, Hubs put my cellphone on the floor and quick as a wink she really booked it towards my phone.  I kept wondering when she was going to accomplish this, I guess all she needed was just a little incentive. 

Now that she knows that crawling gets her a whole lot further, she crawls EVERYWHERE.  The days of leaving her in one spot, going and doing something and then coming back to her in the same spot are now over.  If you leave, she follows.  If she knows you are in another room, she will come fined you.  I think the moment that ripped my heart out of my chest was one day I was taking a shower and I heard a knock on the door.  I hollered out to see what they needed and found out it was Mom.  She preceded to inform me that I had a visitor sitting on the other side of the door just staring at it waiting for me to open it up.  Sweet and sad at the same time.

I have also discovered that Au loves cords.  Any kind it doesn't matter.  Whether they are to the floor fan, extension cord, hair dryer, phone cord or TV she is all about pulling on them and shaking them back and forth.  So far just one baby gate is up but I'm pretty sure a couple more will go up before it is all over and done with!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...