Sunday, April 25, 2010

Countdown to 1... 6 months to go!!!

So I have decided to start counting down to A's 1st birthday. We are halfway there! This is all going by so fast. I catch myself, everyday, staring at her & trying to soak it all in. I have already 12 hours of video recorded and an obscene amount of pictures taken but it's never enough. I keep this blog, shutterfly and her calender and just recently I decided that I'm going to be keeping a journal. I just want to be able to look back and remember EVERY detail :(

Look at that face. She just cracks me up all day long :)



Sorry I got sidetracked... anywho so I have begun planning her first birthday party. I already know the theme and how I'm going to decorate both of her cakes! A couple of decisions made so many more to go...


She can't drink out of it unless I tip it up for her but she sure can handle chewing on it like a pro.


So a couple of weeks ago now we celebrated A turning 6 months old. She is just a little ball of energy. Everyday she is figuring something new out. You can just look at her face and tell that her wheels are turning. She rolls and scoots to where ever it is she wants to be. Also she likes moving her toys all over the blanket. For example, tonight, she decided that she was going to push about 12 different toys under the couch and half of her body. I leave the room for a second, come back and she's completely rearranged everything. This is the second time I have found her with her legs and butt under the couch and the rest of her on her blanket. I need to remember to get a picture of this. I don't know how she was able to get that many toys under the couch that quickly!


This is her up on all fours!


She's eating more and more every day in fact so much that I feel like half of her day is spent in her highchair. She loves pretty much everything that I have given her so far. She loves carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash & oatmeal. Not a big fan of peas or at least I think she's not. She gives the worst facial expressions with peas but yet continues to open her mouth for more. I don't know. The books say around 9 to 11 months baby may start to refuse eating what she doesn't like so maybe that's when she'll let me know!



Some of the pictures are a little blurry, these days she is soooo active it's hard to catch a good one. This problem will be changing fairly soon, I have been eyeing a new camera for quite sometime and almost have enough money saved!!


I couldn't get her to lay still long enough for me to get a picture with her wearing the sticker and being able to see it. So I ended up taking it off of her and putting it on the floor. This is just before she picks up the sticker and puts it in her mouth.


Also I just realized, see how all of her toys are pushed off of the blanket behind her. That is what she does. It's like she wants all of the blanket to herself so she can roll from one side to the other without anything getting in her way.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

LOL..I CANNOT wait to meet Miss Aubrey! Btw, that first picture...I totally see Paul in that one...don't you agree?!

Stacy Steen said...

Hey Kristy, yes I definitely see Paul in her on certain days :)

Anonymous said...

Precious Stacy!! Keep all the memories.. I have tons of pics and I try to remember to record different events! She is so precious!David is all about sweets and fruits these days. He loves all fruit, now I just need to reinforce veggies! But that is so hard for me.

Love,
Jeannie

Stacy Steen said...

Hey Jeannie, we've actually tried peaches, apples & pears and so far she really doesn't like any of them. Maybe because that's all I ate when I was pregnant, maybe she's sick of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...