Monday, April 12, 2010

Butternut Squash

One of my favorite things to read are cookbooks. I actually collect them. I have somewhere around 50 at the moment and due to lack of space I have had to quit collecting them for the time being. When I was registering for A I stopped by the children book section to see what she would need to start her collection. While I was over that way I decided to see what new cookbooks were gracing the shelves, just because I'm not allowed to purchase doesn't mean I can't look and low and behold I found cookbooks on how to make baby food. So of course... I put one on my registry. Well Aunt A being the great sister-in-law that she is, plus knowing my addiction to cookbooks, bought it for me.

Well I will gladly say that I'm probably getting more use out of this bad boy than any other cookbook I have. One of the very first recipes I tackled was butternut squash. I think the hardest part was slicing that joker in half. By the time I finally cut through it it wasn't as cute as what it had once been. But hey it all cooks the same.


Here is what it first looked like.















I was gonna try and just split it straight down the center but that didn't quite work. That's why you see 4 pieces instead of just 2.
On a side note... See how A is sitting in her bumbo, well this is where she watches from when I am cooking. If she's not up on the counter she is in her saucer right in the center of the kitchen taking it all in. I foresee her being my little sous chef. I plan on making her an apron down the road!













After trying it myself I wasn't too impressed with the way it tasted but A sure didn't mind it. She's actually a fan of squash.


Since her approval of squash we have also cooked and tasted sweet potato & carrot. She loves carrot. I'll keep you posted on how she likes things to come :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...