Tuesday, January 26, 2010

3 Months Old



3 months old and I just can't believe it. She is so strong and alert. It's just amazing to watch her taking everything in. Her new favorite thing to do is blow bubbles and spit out of her mouth. It's so cute, she puts her lips together and just blows. She spits everywhere but mostly it just hits her back in her face.



Her favorite places to be are either in her jumperoo or in her saucer. She will lay on the floor but only for a brief amount of time. I think this is why she hasn't rolled over yet. She did it the one time about a month ago but hasn't since. I guess she's just not interested in doing it.

For the past month when she is on the floor I have been hovering around her with the video camera trying to catch her in the act of trying to roll over for the first time but all she does is tease. She likes to hike her legs up and swing her body to the side but never all the way over. I just know that she is going to do it when I'm not looking.



So I mentioned how alert she is, well she is so alert that she has been able to recognize people now for the past month. I can't get over this. I honestly feel like it's too early for this to be happening. I don't know though maybe this is normal. Whenever she gets around new people or even around people that she has been around once or twice but maybe not in awhile she gets a little uneasy. When we go to let these people hold her she usually will begin to cry and make this unbelievably sad scrunched up faces, it rips my heart right out of my chest. I don't know if she thinks we are going to leave her or what exactly she is thinking. I hope that this is just a phase and it will end quickly.



A loves putting things into her mouth. In the beginning she would just stare at all of the toys on the tray in front of her and then one day, out of the blue, she reached down and picked one up. I couldn't believe it. Once she mastered picking up the toys she then started mastering the next skill of putting them into her mouth. Now everything goes into her mouth. Her toys, hands, pacifiers, blankets, bibs and her thumb. Oh the dreaded thumb. This is something that I didn't want going into her mouth. This is a battle that we go through every day. Her constantly putting it in and me constantly taking it out and replacing it with her pacifier. I would much rather have to ween her off of her pacifier than her thumb. You can always take away the pacifier, I can't take away her thumb!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute stacy!
David sucked his thumb and fingers for a while and isn't interested in it to much. I keep a few paci's around and he chews on them for teething.
It is amazing how fastthey grow up! So cute on how she knows faces! You gotta post a pic of her with an unfamiliar face! David never had that problem.. I guess he has some Bubba in him.. never meets a stranger.
Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...