Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Future Tiger?

 For those that don't know, the Hubs loves LSU.  I knew this way before I ever married him.  In fact the first time we ever hung out together, just me and him, was at the ULM vs. LSU game during the 2003 football season.  I remember walking into the stadium and Hubs grabbing my arm to get me to stop.  He wanted me to "take it all in" keeping in mind the night before while tailgating he had me pause to just stare at the stadium from a distance.  Which, if I was being completely honest, it truly is an amazing site from whatever angle you are taking it in at.  So, knowing how dear to his heart LSU is, naturally he would love for one of our kids to attend the school.  If this is the case, I'm naturally hoping for a scholarship because I'm not looking forward to writing checks to this school! 


This is when it all began for A.

 Remember this post I wrote about "Our new Steen Family tradition?"  Can you tell it's in our blood?  Now let's fast forward to current day.  While Hubs was looking through one of the sites dedicated to LSU he came across where you can enroll your child into "Mike's Kids Club."  Some of the perks that go along with the club are a free t-shirt (modeled below), a lunch pail, lifetime membership, a chance for the child and 1 parent to tour the athletic facilities and football locker room (I wonder which parent will get to go) and other things that I don't remember at this time.  "It was only $10.00!" is what he told me when the box was delivered to our door. 


Notice the nice bruise on her head?  I swear she runs into more things with her poor nugget than I care to talk about!


I guess we'll have to wait until she grows a little more until she can wear it. 


Our family moto! ;)


A was a good sport and didn't mind getting to wear the new shirt.  I wonder how she'll feel about LSU?  I love to tell Hubs, "I'm going to laugh so hard if she decides to go to another SEC school."  He doesn't share in my enthusiasm.  He has admitted that he is ok with certain other schools but not all of them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...