What an exciting year we just wrapped up! A year that was full of milestones achieved by A. A year that started me back on a track towards earning my college degree (who knew)! A year where we uprooted Hubs' business from Monroe to West Monroe.
I love looking back on a year and realizing all of the changes that have been made. Ones that you wanted to happen and those that you never really planned for. For my family, I feel like 2010 was a good year but I'm really looking forward to 2011!
I am not the type of person that really creates a list for resolutions. Just because I feel like most lists are filled with unattainable goals. This year I've decided that I will actually make a list for myself. So here we go!
1. Continue with school and by the fall get accepted into the College of Education
2. Learn how to can something! (jams, perserves or chow chow)
3. Make my 1st quilt
4. Take a Cajun Cooking Class
5. Finish my wedding album! (pretty sad, we're coming up on 4 years!)
6. Print all of the finished albums I have created with Shutterfly.
That's where I'll stop.
| This is the apron my Grandma K got me! |
Number 1 of 3, check!! Number 2 of 3 is to get my accumulative G.P.A. to a 2.5. After the Fall semester I was able to bring it to a 2.42, so I'm almost there. I'm thinking if all goes well with this winter course I should have my 2.5. Then all I'll have left is to finish is my core classes and I'll be in my first block next fall. So right now I'm taking American Literature 205. May I just speak frankly and say that it is HORRIBLE!! I'm sorry but I've never been strong in English. It is NOT my subject. Give me math, science or history any day of the week and I can get it. Not English. So here's hoping and praying that I make it through ***fingers crossed*** I have less than 2 weeks left and I'm rocking a high B.
Fall semester, oh how I don't miss you. I am happy to report that I made 4 A's and 1 C. Which gave me a 3.6 and Hubs tells me this will put me on the Dean's List. So I'm super pumped. Hubs told me he expected more of me and for next semester I had better be on the President's List (4.0) We'll just have to see. ;) In response to the C; I would just like to say, "Dr. Chardkoff!" Don't get me wrong he was a wonderful teacher and I throughly enjoyed his class, BUT his tests were unbelievable. They were given on legal size paper, typewriter typed (didn't know they still made those things) 125 questions long and 25 of those questions were multiple choice with NO KEY. So you either knew or you didn't. I'm happy with my grade. :)
| She was upset because she wanted to look at the pictures on the camera. |
To all of my family and friends I pray that the New Year brings you whatever you ask for and need and I pray for health and happiness the whole year through!!

1 comment:
I am soo proud of you with school!!! LOVE the apron pictures!
jeannie
Post a Comment