I would have to say that this month has been A's most "active" month thus far! She started the month just rolling around everywhere like a little tumbleweed and now she is crawling and getting into everything. A is a whole lot of fun don't get me wrong but I almost liked it better when I put her somewhere and she stayed put! Now when you leave her in a room she will come look for you or she may just decide to go and explore without you. She has discovered that there are many rooms to the house and this fascinates her.
Right after she turned 7 months old she started sitting up. I kept wondering when this was going to happen. She had the lean going on for quite awhile. She couldn't quite figure out how to roll all the way up on that big tush of hers but once she figured it out she got it. I think it's so amazing that one day they can't do something and then the very next day, boom they have figured it out and have mastered the skill.
After learning how to sit up she moved onto crawling and then quickly after that, pulling up on everything. She likes to pull up on the couch, fireplace (which is a very big no no), chairs, bed, my leg. It's non stop! After this she moved onto walking along the furniture and the fireplace (once again, big no no!).
A got a couple more teeth so she now has a total of 4, two on top and two on the bottom. These top teeth gave her a pretty good fit. It seemed to take forever for them to break through. Over the course of two weeks she was waking up every night at midnight on the dot. Some nights she would go right back to bed but most we would have to give her some more tylenol and orajel. I'm glad we seem to be done with teeth for the time being and I'm certainly not looking forward to the next round.
A is quite the silly baby. She makes faces all of the time. Just recently I caught her making a fish face but haven't seen it since. I'm thinking it was probably a fluke. She can give kisses... good sloppy kisses and sometimes if your not careful she likes to slip you the tongue. We just laugh and think it's gross all at the same time!
The cat you see here is Baby, she is very interested in Aubrey and whenever I bring A outside Baby comes around to investigate!
She's at the beginning stages of learning how to clap. It's so darn cute. I play patty-cake with her all of the time. Bless her heart she likes to hear mommy sing the only probably is that she doesn't realize just yet that mommy can't carry a tune! One day I'm sure she'll look at me and say "Mommy you should really not be singing!" But until then I'll just keep singing and acting like I know what I'm doing... anything to make her happy!
Food wise we have conquered all fruits, veggies & meat. I also have been feeding her deli meats. She really likes chicken. I'm still iffy on giving it to her all the time just because she really hasn't mastered the whole chewing thing and I'd say 6 times out of 10 she lets the food get back on to her tongue too far and she gags. So to spare me from having a heart attack we have toned this down for a little while.
Lastly, took A to the Dr. a couple weeks ago and found out that we still have a "big" girl on our hands. She is 29 inches long which puts over the 100% mark for length. She weighs 20 lbs & 13 oz, which puts her in the 95% category and her head... well she has a big nugget (Dr. Stanley says, "She has a big brain!") is 18 inches around also in the 95% category. I asked Dr. Stanley if I should be worried to which he said, "Absolutely not, she's perfectly proportioned and healthy." She's bound to slow down on growing eventually :)









1 comment:
I love the new teeth! She is so adorable!
Her chunkiness will slow down soon. David seems to be stretching out and I miss some of his chunks!
enjoy those wet kisses!!!
Love yas!
Jeannie
Post a Comment