Thursday, March 18, 2010

5 Months

This has been such a BIG month for A it's almost as if she is a completely different baby. She really started to come alive this past month and has started doing so many new things!! She started eating rice cereal with a spoon and sitting in her highchair. She can reach for things that she is interested in playing with. She can spin, hit and kick her toys for them to make music. She chews on EVERYTHING because she has 2 teeth!! She has started to pull her knees up to her chest & pushes her front up real high with her cute fat fists, so it probably won't be too much longer before she is crawling. She is no longer still when we are changing her because she wants to look at everything. She constantly wants to grab hair, cheeks, noses and glasses. What's fun for us is trying to unlock her death grip on whatever it is that she's grabbing... ouch! She realizes how important sleep is to Mommy & Daddy so she will lay in her bed in the morning for a little while before she let's us know she is awake. We know this because when we go in to get her her pajama sleeves and blankets are all soaked from her chewing on them. I feel like I am forgetting something so I guess if I am I'll just blog about it later.










We had to take A in for her 4 month shots several weeks ago. My least favorite thing to do. Both times now Hubs & I have gone together and if I have it my way that is how it will always be. When we take her for her shots the nurse always has one of us hold her while she adminsters the shots, this is something I will never do. I can't! I cry more than A does!! It just breaks my heart that we have to go through that. Don't get me wrong I would never not have her get the shots but I still don't have to like doing it.

So this last time when we went we were the second people to get called back. May I first say that this is the second time that the darn nurse has referred to A as a boy. For some reason down here A, apparently is used more as a boy name. Which if you ask me it's too pretty to be a boy name. Anywho getting off topic... So Hubs had to let the nurse know that He is a She "Notice the pink!" he tells her in a ticked off voice. I don't know which one of us gets more annoyed. So the first thing that A gets is the oral medicine which she takes like a champ because she loves to eat. Then come the needles. The first one, A doesn't even cry and the second she cried for only 5 seconds and then that was it. I couldn't believe it. So we get her out in the hallway, give her plenty of sugars and then load her up to go home. When we were walking through the waiting room and out of the office apparently there was a father waiting with his family and he made a comment which I didn't hear. Well Hubs & I get out into the hallway and I notice that he is strutting to the elevator and in a very cool fashion puts his shades on and says to me "Did you hear what that dad said about A?" "No" "He pointed out the fact that Aubrey wasn't even crying to his wife." and with a fist pump action in the air Hubs adds "That's right that's Daddy's big girl!" I thought to myself "Wow this is him playing the PROUD DADDY role." I just started laughing.












This was when we were watching the olympics. She stayed in this aquired position for a while watching curling. Don't know why she didn't just roll over. For some reason she was perfectly content just like this.



Do you remember this toy? It's a happy apple. One of the toys from my childhood and she absolutely loves it. She'll just lay there and hit it and listen to the chime go off.




One of my favorite pics of her.



For St. Patricks Day I had to dress her up so this is her wearing her outfit. She's the perfect little lucky charm if I do say so myself.



I know this is alot of pictures but she's just so darn cute and I have to share!!



Here's one of the many little bows that I have gotten her to try and keep people from calling her a boy. Because the wearing alllll pink clearly isn't helping. Something tells me though that this bow isn't gonna be quite big enough.



Oh you remember those teeth that I was telling you about. Well her is an attempt to capture them on film. She doesn't mind showing them off but once you put your finger near her mouth she goes to chewing so I had to snap it pretty quick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she has 2 teeth! Go Aubrey!
I love the dimples with her St. Pats outfit! They are precious!
I also love the pic of her with the big chiming apple!
It is crazy how fast our babies grow up! Maybe if I can keep mine well enough we can come see each other soon!
love
jeannie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...