Thursday, March 11, 2010

Traveling

Back in February Hubs had a business trip he had to make to Galveston, Texas which is just an hour and a half south of Houston. So Me, Mom & A decided to tag along and knock out two birds with one stone. We dropped in to see the Fortenberry Clan. K, J & Little Man actually moved into their home back in October but for obvious reasons we weren't able to see it until now.

In the beginning I was a little nervous about traveling that far with A (it's a 5 hour trip). The furthest we had ever been with her was to O-town an hour away. She always handles that trip well and has been getting better and better about riding in her carseat just in general. Willing to give it a shot I began the process of packing for us to go. Packing for myself was easy but packing for a baby, oh my gosh! I guess I just never realized what you need to be able to function. Keep in mind we left on a Tuesday and came back home on Saturday.



Everything in this picture was just for A. Some things are actually missing from the picture like her stroller for example and thank goodness we didn't have to pack her playpen because Aunt K already has one at her house. We ended up having to take Mom's vehicle because everything would never of fit in my car.



The traveling was one milestone we were able to cross, another was Hubs having to spend the night away from A for the first time and me having to take care of her for a whole day by myself. Thank goodness she's a breeze and not a bad baby at all!! Once he got back to K's house having been in Galveston he couldn't resist taking a nap with his Toot toot! One of my favorite shots of them asleep together!


Little Man & A

This is how they spent most of the vacation together. He is such a good cousin! He always watches over her and has to be by her. If she crys he trys giving her her pacifer. If that doesn't work he's all about trying to give her a toy. Also he tends to pat her on her head and tell her it's going to be ok!! He's really going to be a good brother.



While on our small vacation I realized that I have a serious problem, shopping for A! Those who really know me know that shopping is NOT my thing. I could care less about looking at or trying on clothes but ever since A, I love it. I probably could spend all day looking for cute things for her to wear. This is what I found at 2 stores in Houston. Thank goodness I only went shopping for a couple of hours.

All in all I would say that the trip was a success. As far as the carride went, going was fine coming back was good up until the last 45 minutes. A decided at this point she had had enough. Not wanting to stop and cause the riding in the carseat to stretch even longer I did a no no and held her for the rest of the trip. She ended up falling asleep in my arms and we made it home safe and sound.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...