Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our Illinois Trip

This past weekend we had a chance to go to Illinois and visit some of the family. Unfortunately we won't be able to make it up in October for Ryan & Lisa's wedding, obvious reasons, so we decided to come for one of there wedding showers. Our whole family, minus J, made it up and back in one piece!! This trip has now captured and will hold the record of most pit stops thanks to S/A and Little Man. Once K realized it was just easier to stand Little Man up in the backseat and let him pee in a cup, I became the only problem!! While we were up we attended the shower, ate lots of pizza, met Kristy for brunch, visited the Brookfield Zoo & and had plenty of good fellowship!! It was so nice getting to be around family. I don't know what was better though seeing the fam or enjoying the weather. In the middle of JULY we were able to sleep with the windows OPEN. Hubs still gets dumbfounded every time we go. I wish I could have bottled the weather and brought it back with us!!! Here are a few pics from the trip.






We had to take a picture in front of Uncle Bill's corn. It gets sooo tall compared to Louisiana corn. Where the grass ends behind us was still a good foot drop off. So we look more level with the corn then what we really are. Hubs gets amazed by this every year.



K & B



The boys



The family that was at the shower and the boys who came to help clean and load up all the loot.



The day we had brunch with Kristy.



I don't even look pregnant standing next to her. Poor thing I don't know how much further she can expand!! Kristy was a good sport Paul kept picking on her saying that he thought there was twins inside.



B & Little Man stopping for a photo outside of "The Swamp" at Brookfield. "The Swamp" is a building dedicated to Louisiana, well half of Louisiana and the other half Illinois. They had the humid temperature down right in there, once I walked in I wanted right back out. Other than that all they had to "represent" Louisiana was some bugs, snakes, birds and that was about it. They didn't even have a gator!! Needless to say I was a little less then impressed. Truthfully I didn't even want to go in just because we live it every day, but Hubs had to see what they had.



B's favorite part was the Elephants, she loves them!!



Me & Hubs in front of the huge fountain. I remember as a little girl going on a field trip and eating a sack lunch right by this fountain. Some things looked the same but not the size of the zoo. I swear it had to of tripled in size.



He was just laying there hugging the log.



The tiger didn't even have a tail the poor thing. I guess if you want to see a real tiger you need to come to LSU campus and check out "Mike"



First picture before we got into the zoo. Little Man and the Buffalo.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

"picking on me"...more like harassing me! Dear Paul, I am glad you are my cousin-in-law, but should you ever happen to get...oh say a beer belly...I might have to ask what day you are due!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...