Thursday, July 30, 2009

Isn't it soooo pretty!!



Lemon Chicken Tortellini

















This is a new "Family Family Favorite" 2 magazines that I cannot live without are Southern Living & Taste of Home I received my Taste of Home last Friday and decided to select an entire weeks menu out of it. Some were great, some good, some bad but hey you have to experiment otherwise your always cooking the same boring thing. This recipe was actually a new one on me I've never cooked with fresh spinach before, well at home anyway, I am pleased at how well it turned out. Here is the recipe!!

1 pkg. cheese tortellini
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
2 Tbsp. butter
1 red bell pepper cut up into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
couple splashes of lemon juice
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce, optional (I didn't use)
1 pkg. (6oz.) fresh baby spinach
6 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In same pan, cook red pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
Combine flour, salt, pepper and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, lemon juice and pepper sauce if desired. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain pasta; toss with sauce Sprinkle with cheese.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I don't know how...but I missed out on sampling this!! I have a feeling that is sure was good. Hate I missed out on this!!

Stacy Steen said...

It's ok I have 5 more "New" recipes that I need guinea pigs for!! Yeah Paul liked this one so much he ate it 3 days in a row, now that's saying something!! I be making it again so you'll get to eat it eventually :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...