Sunday, February 14, 2010

4 Months

So A is now 4 months old. This is just going by entirely too fast! Sadly, I'm already thinking of ideas for her 1st birthday just because I know that it'll be here before we know it.
A is getting to be a VERY vocal baby. I think that she just really likes to hear her own voice. She jabbers and squeals for joy. When she is somewhere she doesn't want to be this is when her "inherited" temper tends to come out and she starts this loud grunting noise and she will continue to make the noise until you move her to where she wants to be. She still has only rolled over the one time. I was looking at my baby calender the other day and saw where I rolled over for the first time when I was 4 1/2 months so maybe she'll decide to do it soon.
One movement that she has mastered, well actually 2, first she can move in a complete circle while laying on her back. She constantly brings her knees up to her stomach and rolls on her side and than falls back flat, she'll do this so many times that it causes her to move in a circle. Second, she has mastered the crunch. She will be laying on her back propped slightly up on her boppy and all of a sudden she will do that loud grunting thing and WHAM, sits straight up. She did it so many times last night I know that she got in 2 reps of 10. At this rate she'll have a sixpack come bikini season. :)





I had her sitting in her bumbo in the kitchen with me while I was baking cakes. One of the things that I look forward to when she gets a little older is having her help me in the kitchen. I wonder if she'll even be interested? I plan on getting her her very own apron. I've already found several that I really like but I have resisted the urge to purchase one.
Look at that smile!! The picture is a little blurry but I had to post it. This is all she does. Especially in the mornings when we go to wake her. Give her a minute to get good and awake and man the smiles start!



We had her 4 month Dr's. appt. on Friday but due to the weather we had to reschedule. I'm really looking forward to seeing how long she is and what she is now weighing. I'm pretty confident in my thinking that she weighs more than 15 lbs. You know whenever me and Hubs go somewhere and we see other babies we are always asking the parents how old their babies are. It's not uncommon for A to be larger than babies that are 5 or 6 months older than she is. A little guy that we sat next to at church today was 1 week shy of being a year old. I know for a fact that A was 3 or 4 inches longer than he was. That may not sound like a lot but when your talking about a baby it really is. I wonder if she's going to be like 6 ft. tall?

Today Hubs and I went to Target and had to restock on diapers. We had to purchase size 3 diapers in the huggies brand because her big baby booty just doesn't quite fit in the 2 anymore.





Look at those salmon snatchers!!



She is now more active when she is taking a bath. She will drop her hands down into the water and just watch the water fall from her little fat fingers. She will also kick her little feet and let the water splash.



A has a very strong grip. So strong that she now likes to pull Mommy's hair and not let go. On more than one occasion now she has ripped SEVERAL strands of my hair right out of my head and other times Hubs or Mom has to help pry her fingers apart.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salman Snatchers huh! So funny! I love her shirt and the pics of her in the bumbo! She is growing so fast!
Thanks for reminding me that I need to reschedule David's 1 year checkup. We might had ran into each other last Friday!
Jeannie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...