So I made it through the Spring Semester. I'm so happy that that semester is over with. I don't know if I would say that it was super difficult, I would probably lean more towards time consuming. I am super excited about my grades and am happy to report that I'll be on the President's List for the first and possibly last time in my life! I don't know if I'll ever put that much pressure on myself again.
One of the first things Hubs and I did to kick off our summer was attend some of our dear friends Cori and Kobus' wedding in Florida. It was a vacation that Hubs and I both needed and that we both thoroughly enjoyed. Although I stressed a bit while we were down there because 2 days after Spring Semester was over with Maymester started, I didn't let it ruin my entire time there. I'm happy to report that Panama City Beach has a very nice library. One of the days we had to travel to find some Internet access so I could tackle some homework. This was a little adventure in itself. First, we went to a local coffee shop. We asked if they had Wifi, which the barista said that they did, and after ordering our coffee and breakfast and getting settled in at a table I discovered that it was taking an awfully long time to hookup. It was then that this same barista came by and I asked her what the problem might be she then informed me, "Sometimes it takes 45 minutes to log on." She was able to say this with a smile and everything! Are you kidding me! Very cleaver not to reveal this information until after we've spent $20 + in your little shop. So we finished eating and then decided to find a library. While I worked, Hubs read and 2 hours later we were back at the house. BEER TIME!!! We were able to spend the rest of the day relaxing, fellowshiping, tanning and playing in the ocean.
Here are some pictures of the happy day and the happy couple.
| Isn't she breathtaking!! |
For the evening of the rehearsal, the bride requested that we wear either hats or feathers on our head. She was inspired after watching the Royal Wedding. Super cute and super fun!
![]() |
| I was pretending the table decorations were my bling! |
We're back home now and spending our days trying to entertain the little one. It's so hot here, I hate taking her outside. Within about 15 minutes her little cheeks are turning red and her hair starts to curl. That's right folks she's starting to get hair!
| We actually have to shampoo her head now! :) |
| She was concerned about the lawnmower. |
| She had to wave at him every time he made a pass. |
Remember how I said we wore feathers for Cori's rehearsal, well I decided to make my own. I've been feeling a little crafty lately, maybe it's because my time lately has been consumed with things that I HAVE to do so I've been feeling the need to do things that I WANT to do. Plus, here lately, I've been scanning tons of sewing and crafting blogs so I've been getting the itch. I went on a hunt to Hobby Lobby to see what I could find.
These are the pieces that I bought.
This is how it turned out.
I had fun making it even though all I had to do was glue the pieces together. Super simple!




No comments:
Post a Comment