
The events leading up to the very special hour.
Me and Mom decided to go shopping the day before to pick up the last of the odds and ends for A. Also to get me out of the house on what might be my last trip out for a while, which proved to be the case. We were successful on stopping everywhere we needed to except for one.
While at the mall we ran into Hubs' Mom, Gmom, Aunt and Sisters. I told them that I had been cramping all day but didn't feel like she was going to come anytime soon. Boy was I wrong. The cramps, I would later find out, were actually contractions. After visiting for a bit Me and Mom continued in our shopping pursuit but were stopped soon enough by my pregnant bladder. Without going into too many details something just wasn't quite right and I told Mom that I thought our shopping trip needed to come to an end and that I needed to call and talk to the on call nurse at my doctor's office.
After talking to the nurse, we agreed that I should head up to the hospital just to get hooked up to a machine for a bit and see what was going on. I went ahead and called Hubs and told him what we were going to have to do and that he needed to get ready I was coming home for him to take me to the hospital.

Once we got to the hospital they proceeded to get me situated in a room and they started checking on A. After being on the machine for 50 minutes the nurse came back in and told me that I was having contractions every 4 minutes and that she was going to call Dr. Salas to come in so we could plan a course of action.
Once Dr. Salas got to the hospital she told me I was in the early labor stages and since I was 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated I could either go home and A would come on her own in 1 to 2 days or I could go for the induction. Before getting to the hospital me and Hubs had decided that if I was in any sort of labor and I needed to be induced we were going to go ahead with it. Plus doing it this way would guarantee K and Little Man getting here in time. So once we decided to move forward Dr. Salas told me to go ahead and get a good supper and that come 10:00 PM the induction would begin.
Mom brought K, B and supper to the hospital. Throughout the whole pregnancy I knew that I wanted Amber, B's bestfriend, to be my nurse. Well it would figure that the day I deliver Amber was off work but being the rock star nurse that she is, B called her told her what was going on and she came in anyways. Not only did she come in on her day off but she was solely MY personal nurse and gave me 100% of her attention.
So at 10:30 the IV was in and the pitosin had been started. After this is when we settled in for the long haul. By 2:30 I still hadn't slept at all so I requested some pain medicine to try and ease the situation and to try to help me sleep. It was successful for about 2 hours. So around 4:30/4:45, Amber came in and said that I could either get another pain shot or I could get the epidural. Since I wasn't quite ready for the epidural I opted for more pain medicine.
Right at 5:30 my water broke and then not long after that is when the "Pain" started. From this point until my epidural, around 7:30ish, I no longer enjoyed my pregnancy. Once the epidural God came into the room, I was just smitten with him. I do believe before he left the room I informed him that I "loved" him. So from 5:30 to 9:45 I progressed from 5cm's to 10cm's. I even made the comment to Hubs that "She's coming on like a freight train!"
At 10:20 I started pushing and by 10:29 A J S was born!!

No comments:
Post a Comment