
Here I am at 36 wks. We had a Dr's appt. yesterday with Dr. Salas. This was the first appt. for her to start checking me. We will go every week from here on out. We found out that I am 50% effaced and 1 cm. dialated. I couldn't believe it. So I guess it's really starting to sink in that we will be having a baby soon. I asked the Dr. when she thinks that I could deliver she said "You could go in 2 wks or you could go full term, which is just 3 1/2 wks. away" For some reason I have a feeling it's going to be the sooner then the later. I also talked with her about my contraction incident that happened the night before. She was bummed out that it only lasted for 5 minutes, she was hoping I was going to say a couple of hours. I just looked at her horrified and said "Why would you wish such a thing on me?" She laughed! So after this appt. I have started really getting in gear.
I called the baby furniture store today to check on her bedroom furniture and to no surprise we won't be getting it until probably Oct. 1st. Which means that all of her belongings will continue to be in boxes or folded neatly on the bed until I have some where to put them. I did get her bassinet all setup so she will have somewhere to sleep :)
As for getting ready for the hospital her bags are packed and ready to go. They have been residing on Hubs' side of the bed so he knows to grab them. Now we just have to pack a bag for ourselves. Her stroller and carseat are all ready in the car. Don't think we'll need the stroller for a little while but didn't really have anywhere else to put it!
So we are officially on baby watch and could go into labor at any time. Last night I tossed and turned the whole time with very mild contractions compared to Tuesday night. My next Dr's appt. is on Wednesday of next week so I will post again to let everyone know what is happening!!

No comments:
Post a Comment