Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Easy Chicken Chalupas

This was really good and simple to make!!







1 cooked chicken (I used the biggest rotisserie chicken I could find & next time I'll use more chicken)
8 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided into 3rds)
1 (4oz.) green chilis
1 (8oz.) mild red salsa (divided into 3rds)

* Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 13x9 inch ovenproof dish with nonstick cooking spray.

* Remove skin and bones from chicken; discard. Shred chicken meat. Mix with the green chilis.

* Place 2 tortillas in bottom of prepared dish, overlapping slightly. Layer tortillas with 1 cup of chicken, 1/3 of cheese and 1/3 of salsa. Repeat layers, ending with cheese and salsa.

* Bake casserole 25 minutes or until bubbly and hot.

** Serve this dish with a variety of toppings, such as sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced black olives, sliced green onions and sliced avocado.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...